top of page
Candle Care

Please follow our guidelines for safe usage and to get the most from your Rock My Wick candles. 

  • Remove all packaging and remove from the gift box before lighting your candle. 

  • Prior to lighting and re-lighting your candle (when it is cool), we recommend that you trim the wick to approximately 5mm.   You can use a small pair of scissors or nail clippers, or simply pinch off the burnt part of the wick, making sure you don’t drop any back into the candle.  If you find the flame is burning too tall or flickers - extinguish it, let it cool, trim and re-light.

  • Our wicks are made from natural products, with no added nasties to help them light, so may take a few seconds to ‘catch’, but once lit they are beautiful & non-toxic.

  • We would recommend that the first time you light your candle you let it burn for approximately 3 - 4 hours, or until the melted wax (melt pool) on the top reaches the edge of the glass.  This is to ensure the wax melts evenly and to the edge and bottom of the candle.  Amazingly, candles have a memory and they will follow the same burn next time they are lit, which can cause an unwanted ‘tunnelling’ effect.  Please note, our 9cl votive candle will take approximately 2 hours to melt to the edge of the glass.


  • It is important that you do not allow candles to burn for more than 4 hours at a time as they may become too hot.  A votive candle should not be allowed to burn for more than 2 hours or it may become too hot.

  • Please note, with pure soy candles it is normal for a residue of wax to remain on the glass when it cools.


  • To ensure you achieve a stable, clean burn and minimise any smoking effect from the flame, always light your candle in a well-ventilated area away from draughts. 

  • Never move a candle while lit.  Let your candle cool after use before you move it to avoid burning yourself and causing spillages.


  • Remember to always extinguish your candle after using and do not leave it unattended at any times.  Keep out of the reach of children and pets.  We recommended using a candle snuffer.  If you see soot marks on the glass, please remove with a damp cloth when the candle is cool.


Blend Candle

When you are not using your blend candle (it is fully extinguished & the wax cold), we recommend that you store it in the gift box to retain the scent throw and to avoid dust.  As a minimum please replace the dust cover.  If you prefer we also have a selection of lids in our add ons.

Essential Oil Allergen Content of our blends

Sunrise & High Tides - Limonene, Linalool, Benzyl Alcohol

Rockpools & Candy Stalls - Limonene, Linalool, Citronellol, Benzyl Alcohol

Farewells & Carousels - Limonene, Linalool

Day Trips & Skinny Dips

As this candle does not contain essential oils it does not need to be stored in a gift box.  When you are not using your candle (and when it is fully extinguished & the wax cold) we recommend that you replace the dust cover provided.   If you prefer please select a gift box or lid from our add ons.

bottom of page